Wikipedia Klaaf:Op dr Eck
Heh weed övver de Wikipedia jekallt. Domet heh di Sigg nit zoh lang weed, hammer Saache, di lang vöbei sin, erus jenumme un noh Johre extra afjelaat em Aschiif: 2007 · 2008 · 2009 · 2010 · 2011 · 2012 · 2013 · 2014 · 2015 · 2016 · 2017 · 2018 · aktoäll
Wikipedia Asian Month 2019
Sidd esu johd un doht heh di Sigg en Ühr Schprohch övversäze hällefe.
Wikipedia Asian Month is back! We wish you all the best of luck for the contest. The basic guidelines of the contest can be found on your local page of Wikipedia Asian Month. For more information, refer to our Meta page for organizers.
Looking forward to meet the next ambassadors for Wikipedia Asian Month 2019!
For additional support for organizing offline event, contact our international team on wiki or on email. We would appreciate the translation of this message in the local language by volunteer translators. Thank you!
Extension of Wikipedia Asian Month contest
In consideration of a week-long internet block in Iran, Wikipedia Asian Month 2019 contest has been extended for a week past November. The articles submitted till 7th December 2019, 23:59 UTC will be accepted by the fountain tools of the participating wikis.
Please help us translate and spread this message in your local language.
Wiki Loves Folklore
Wiki Loves Love is back again in 2020 iteration as Wiki Loves Folklore from 1 February, 2020 - 29 February, 2020. Join us to celebrate the local cultural heritage of your region with the theme of folklore in the international photography contest at Wikimedia Commons. Images, videos and audios representing different forms of folk cultures and new forms of heritage that haven’t otherwise been documented so far are welcome submissions in Wiki Loves Folklore. Learn more about the contest at Meta-Wiki and Commons.
Dialect policy on Ripuarian Wiki
Hello! I am visiting from the Rusyn Wikipedia. Rusyn is also a language with several varieties. Rusyn Wiki followed other Wikipedias in that situation in theory, but the actual policies were never laid out. If you have the time to respond, I’d like to learn more about your approach. I already found some information myself, but I'll mention that too in case you have anything to add. Thank you very much in advance!
- Do you have policies for language use on Wikipedia written down?
- Is there a "default" variety option for use in the interface, article & category names etc.? Enwiki: "Although it had been planned to provide at least two varieties of Ripuarian, that did not work out due to a series of mishaps." Could you tell more about it? I was not aware this was supported by Mediawiki, it would be very interesting to know.
- At present, how often do people contribute edits in different varieties?
- Can a page normally feature more than one variety? If not, what is the approach you follow instead? How does one edit an article written in a different dialect?
- Is your approach to local topics any different (e.g. prioritising the local variety)?
- I noticed some information on what I assume are different sets of orthographic conventions. Do you require editors to follow any of them?
- Some Wikipedias in polycentric languages eventually split (e.g. Armenian). Do you think that is a possibility for your Wikipedia?